If you’ve ever been curious about the nutritional composition of the food you’re eating, you are no doubt familiar with the Nutritional Facts Panel. The Nutrition Facts Panel, specified under the Nutrition Labeling Education Act (NLEA) of 1990, has been a standard feature of nearly every food item since 1993. However, you may not have given a lot of thought as to why it has such a specific format, how to interpret all of the information it presents, or what food manufacturers must do to comply with the regulations.
This short course is intended to give you a basic understanding of the Nutrition Labeling Education Act (NLEA).
At the conclusion of this course you will earn a certificate of completion that you can download and keep for your records. There will also be an option to download a PDF copy of the lesson content to keep and use as a reference.
This course will be available to you for 1 year from the date of purchase.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to...
- Explain the purpose of the Nutrition Labeling Education Act
- Summarize the changes required by the 2016 Final Rule
- Determine which compliance date applies to your company
- Identify the differences between the 1990 and 2016 nutrition label requirements
- Review your product label and identify the changes you will need to make for relabeling
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Mérieux NutriSciences Completion
Your cart is empty